Monday, April 14, 2008

Thing #8, or the Disgruntled RSS-er, or Too Many Passwords, Too Little Memory

I created a Bloglines account, but I fail to see the purpose of subscribing to RSS feeds (and that's indeed what a person does to RSS, right: she subscribes to it?). I find it just as easy to log onto the websites I like to read than go to Bloglines and see if a website has been updated. After all, most RSS feeds I subscribed to come from websites that are constantly being changed, and I know there will be changes when I return to that site throughout the day; I don't need an RSS feed to notify me of that fact.

Bloglines/RSS is a middleman that requires too many steps. Plus, I'm forgetting most of the passwords I'm using for all the various accounts I've created for this challenge. I know I could standardize my passwords, but that would take the fun out of these exercises--I need to blog about something!

1 comment:

OCL Web Things said...

Your post seems to apply to Thing #8 (setting up a Bloglines account). Please look at Thing #9 again and give us your feedback on the feed search tools in the Discovery Exercise.

Thanks!
Jill/STF