Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Thing #16: Wikis

I checked out "Library Success: A Best Practices Wiki" and found a link that provides programming ideas. I always need help with that! I've bookmarked this website because I'm definitely going to visit it again.

As for OCL's entry on Wikipedia, I actually contributed to that! (But I heard that what I wrote sounded too much like a sales pitch. That's the beauty (or ugly side, whatever side you're on) of a wiki: it can be edited!

This is the first time I've ever clicked on a wiki's history link to see how much and how often a wiki has been changed. I've never noticed that link before. I often go to Wikipedia out of sheer curiosity to see how quickly new information about a person/entry has been added to the site. Now, for the entertainment value of it, I'll have to clikc the history link more often. Pretty interesting stuff.

My favorite thing about this exercise was watching the YouTube video. I liked that the teacher used traditional paper and pens to explain wikis.

No comments: