Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Thing #22: ListenNJ

The moral of the story: read instructions. I didn't believe that I'd need to download to the PC Plus machines the software necessary for ListenNJ; I thought I'd be able to do all of it from the computer at my desk. So after fighting with whatever that software was, I finally went to a PC Plus to listen to F. Scott Fitzgerald's The Beautiful and the Damned. Of course, I tried downloading Gone with the Wind, but that wasn't available, so Fitzgerald it was.

Would I listen to audiobooks if I didn't have to do it for this web challenge? I don't think so; not because they aren't a good idea but because I'm a visual person. I really need to see the words on a page or screen to understand and internalize the information that's presented. Hearing it alone is not enough. Of course, if I finish the challenge and get an MP3 player out of the exercise, I'll download a book or two and try it out again.

No comments: