Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Thing #18: Web Apps

Storing documents online is something I've been longing for! I already use my email accounts as pseudo-storage bins so I can access documents that are scattered on my home computer or work computer. I am thrilled to learn about Google Docs and Zoho! I've lost flash drives, and other flash drives have up and quit on me, so if I can store my documents on some remote server that I don't have to worry about, I'll be in 7th heaven!

This service will be especially useful at work so that I don't have to attach documents to emails. The TR programming team sends a lot of stuff back and forth, so this will avoid a lot of duplication.

I do wish that Microsoft would provide a service like Google Docs and Zoho so that we could continue using Microsoft software. As much as I get disgusted with Word, I still like it best. But you can be sure I'm going to try out these new services. If I learned nothing else in this challenge, Thing #18 alone would make it worthwhile!

No comments: