Monday, May 12, 2008

Thing #9: Finding Feeds

I used Blogline's search engine to find feeds about Gone with the Wind. I figured I should fulfill my mission to learn about RSS feeds, so I chose from the results list the only link with the RSS feed icon next to it. Thinking I'd find a picture of Rhett slamming the door on Scarlett, I was a bit surprised to find the website written in some East Asian language. Maybe I'll learn to say "Frankly my dear..." in Japanese.

The easiest way to find feeds is by going to the websites I regularly visit. I understand that by using these other search engines, I'll discover new websites and blogs I wouldn't have known about. I should use these other searches simply so I gain more exposure to the vastness of the World Wide Web.

Incidentally, because I'm a member of the Trendspotters Committee, I signed up to receive a daily email that reports on trends across the spectrum, from food to hotels; from clothes, to computers. I've bookmarked some websites I learned about from those emails. (trendcentral.com)

No comments: