Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Thing #20: YouTube & You


So YouTube's the most popular 2.0 website around now? I never would have guessed that (tongue-in-cheek). I log on all the time. As an MTV-deprived child, I have to catch up on all those great 80s and early 90s videos I never got the chance to see.

World's greatest music video? Falco's Rock Me Amadeus (there are lots of versions, so be sure to check out this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wrd7capPKaw)! BRILLIANT song, BRILLIANT video; may Falco rest in peace.

Another fantabulous video: shots of Colin Firth as Mr. Darcy to the Right Said Fraid song, "I'm too Sexy" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4JGXxmzPHo). Classic! It is laugh-out-loud funny! The screen shots that YouTube user Ladyhawke87 used from Pride and Prejudice to put this video together are pure genius. And it always leads me to this age-old question: why can't all men be like Mr. Darcy? Cold, distant, proper yet with a good heart? Now answering THAT is where the challenge lies!

I salute those valiant YouTube users who have way too much time on their hands to post videos and create videos for my happiness. Great American (or as the case may be, world) heroes!!!

No comments: