Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Thing #23: Woo-hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!


I had to laugh when I listened to the YouTube video that accompanies Thing #23--"Celebrate"! FANTASTIC!!! It takes me back, and I'm definitely celebrating the completion of the 23 things. And I'm sitting in the perfect place for the festivities: right next to the food table in the TR IS staff room. It's been like Christmas here since well, Christmas. The food has been nonstop. Not so good for swimsuit season--eeks!

I must say that it's been a lot of fun to explore Web 2.0 technology while at work--not too shabby. My favorite discovery exercises have been establishing del.icio.us and Library Thing accounts as well as learning about Google Docs and Zoho. I look forward to further exploring those applications and regularly using them. In a previous post, I mentioned that I wish Microsoft would support a feature like that with its software. If computer users have already bought Office products, there should be some way to store those documents online instead of on a personal hard drive or flash drive.

In completing these exercises, I've discovered that there is use to a lot of these applications. I was a bit wary of establishing so many accounts at various websites, but since learning about these sites, I've become converted.

On to the not-so-good: I didn't care for the RSS feeds. I don't see myself using that beyond this Web 2.0 Challenge. But it never hurts to learn something new.

As for sharing my blog, I've shown it to my sister, and I'll have to send the URL to my parents so they can see what I've been working on over the past few months. I've raved about del.icio.us and LibraryThing. My sis looked at the books I added to LibraryThing, and she thought that together, all those books were a great representation of who I am.

Thanks, OCL, for the e-memories. Cheerio!

No comments: